Results tagged ‘ Chris Carpenter ’
The Sea Dogs continue their 8-game homestand on Tuesday night against the Reading Phillies…After winning the first 4 games of the stand against New Hampshire, the ‘Dogs have dropped the last two, losing 11-4 last night…Camden, Maine native Mike MacDonald, who became the first Mainer to play for the Sea Dogs on July 8th at Trenton, makes his second Double-A start…MacDonald hurt his left hamstring five batters into his first appearance with Portland and was activated from the disabled list earlier today…The righty made two starts at Hadlock Field as a member of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats in 2006.
With last night’s loss, the ‘Dogs are 3-8 against the Reading Phillies and a combined 11-33 against Binghamton, Reading and Trenton…After tomorrow’s game, the ‘Dogs go back to playing New Hampshire (four at Manchester) and three versus Trenton (at Hadlock Field).
Let’s count to 10
- Tonight is MacDonald’s first start at Hadlock Field as a member of the ‘Dogs.
- Two more hits for Jackie Bradley Jr. last night/
- Portland is playing 30 of 33 against Trenton and New Hampshire since June 23rd – currently these are the three games against a different opponent.
- Upcoming roadtrip for the Sea Dogs is a four-game set in New Hampshire
- Five hits for Dan Butler and Reynaldo Rodriguez this homestand.
- Six homers for Matt Spring this season.
- Chris Hernandez ranks 7th in the Eastern League in ERA (3.13)
- Number of starts made by Drake Britton, who allowed a tied a career-high with eight runs allowed last night.
- Number of multi-hit games for Marquez Smith.
- Number of multi-hit games for Jackie Bradley Jr.
Lineups for Tuesday (7:00 PM start)
Reading: James 8, Hernandez 4, Ruf 3, Tripp DH, Castro 9, Asche 5, Valle 2, Abreu 7, Hanzawa 6, RHP Julio Rodriguez (5-3, 3.84)
Portland: Bradley Jr. 8, Hazelbaker 7, Smith 5, Rodriguez 3, Brentz DH, Butler 2, Hissey 9, Gibson 6, Dent 4, RHP Mike MacDonald (0-0, 13.50)
RADIO NETWORK: Catch every game on the U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network: Flagship Stations: WPEI 95.9 FM & WPPI 95.5 FM (Portland/Topsham)…Network Affiliates: WOXO 92.7 FM Norway, WTBM 100.7 FM Mexico, WERZ 1240 AM Lewiston/Auburn, WTME 780 AM Rumford, WKTQ 1450 AM South Paris…Online: seadogs.com & milb.com and IPAD/Smartphone: Tunein app – search Portland Sea Dogs Radio Network.