Results tagged ‘ Dustin Pedroia ’
The Sea Dogs have found the winning formula this season against the Rock Cats, taking 7 of 11 from the Twins’ affiliate this season…Portland scored a pair of 4-3 victories on Saturday…The two teams resumed Friday’s suspended game due to fog at 1 PM…Reynaldo Rodriguez drew a bases-loaded walk in the eighth inning for the game-winner…In game two, Juan Carlos Linares nailed a walk-off RBI double in the bottom of the seventh inning.
Lineups for Sunday
New Britain: Tosoni 7, Hicks 8, Hermann 2, Hanson DH, Rizzotti 3, Romero 5 , Bigley 9, De Los Santos 6, Beresford 4, Darnell LHP
Portland: Hazelbaker 7, Wilkerson 8, Linares 9, Rodriguez 3, Brentz DH, Butler 2, Gibson 6, Gentile 4, Meneses 5, Martin RHP
RADIO NETWORK: Catch every game on the U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network: Flagship Stations: WPEI 95.9 FM & WPPI 95.5 FM (Portland/Topsham)…Network Affiliates: WOXO 92.7 FM Norway, WTBM 100.7 FM Mexico, WERZ 1240 AM Lewiston/Auburn, WTME 780 AM Rumford, WKTQ 1450 AM South Paris…Online: seadogs.com & milb.com and IPAD/Smartphone: Tunein app – search Portland Sea Dogs Radio Network.
The first three days of Spring Training has been so much fun, and I’m still in awe of the JetBlue Park facility. During the past few days, I’ve covered the Sea Dogs, PawSox and Red Sox, with Pawtucket broadcaster Aaron Goldsmith. Yesterday I interviewed former Sea Dog Aaron Bates after Pawtucket’s 6-2 loss to Rochester. Tomorrow, the Twins minor leaguers play at the Red Sox complex, and I’m hoping to interview former Sea Dog Ray Chang.
When I woke up this morning and heard rain, I was worried that Camp Day would be cancelled. So what is Camp Day? It’s where teams play intra-squad games, and hitters get to face their own pitchers. Since it rained in the morning, a few pitchers threw to a hitter with no one on the field. There was a catcher, umpire and a few players chasing down fly balls. It was nice to have a great view behind home plate.
Interview with former Red Sox Catcher Rich Gedman. Great insight on the 1986 team
With the Red Sox playing on the road today, a few starters stayed behind and took batting practice. Former Sea Dogs Manager Arnie Beyeler threw BP (baseball slang word for batting practice), and chatted with me after their workout. On Monday, I’m going to watch Arnie work with some of the Red Sox players during their pre-game routine in the morning. Looking forward to getting some great photos. I can’t say enough about how great the Sea Dogs’ coaches have been since my time in Portland.
During my morning travels, I had a long conversation with former Sea Dogs’ trainer Masai Takahashi. Masai is one of two assistant trainers (Brad Pearson) that worked in Portland. Jon Jochim, the PawSox trainer, was driving around in a golf cart, but he was very busy. I also had a quick minute to check-in with Dustin Pedroia. He said it was as honor that I read his book. Actually I made that part up.
A Class Act on and off the field. Former Sea Dog Michael Bowden
Have a great Sunday, and I’ll check in with you on Monday. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full photo gallery at http://www.facebook.com/portlandseadogs
The media coverage in Ft. Myers has been unreal, and I would like to thank everyone who has covered this team, providing us with some unbelievable interviews and pictures. Below is a few links you should check out. I love technology!
- Former voice of the Binghamton Mets’ and current broadcaster on the Kansas City Royals Radio Network interviewed former Sea Dogs Tommy Hottovy.
- Former Sea Dogs Dustin Pedroia and Adrian Gonzalez taking live batting practice against another former Sea Dog video courtesy of Mike Petraglia
- Jon Lester getting his work in courtesy of NESN
- Hall of Famer Peter Gammons says Felix Doubront is a player to watch this season
- Jacoby Ellsbury’s twitter page with pics of his conditioning
Wow, that didn’t take long…Injuries already piling up
- I was the broadcaster in Erie during the 2004 season, and loved watching Joel Zumaya pitch…tough to see him out for the season. I thought that was a great pickup for the Twins.
- Speaking of closers, Chris Perez of the Indians is out 4 to 6 weeks with an oblique strain.
- From Matt Snyder of CBS sports.com “Cardinals utility man extraordinaire Allen Craig is ahead of schedule in his recovery from knee surgery, reports MLB.com. “
- Atlanta Braves starting pitcher Tommy Hanson returned to the field on Sunday in Florida, marking the first time he’s suited up since suffering a concussion in a car accident Monday.
What’s the first thing you think of when you here Welcome Back? For me, it’s Welcome Back Kotter, anyone else? Can’t help but think of those great TV shows from my childhood. But to serious matters, on April 3rd at the Portland Expo the Sea Dogs will hold their annual Welcome Back dinner in conjunction with Youth Alternatives Ingraham. This is your chance to get autographs, photos and maybe some hitting tips from my favorite players.
With the Grammy’s on Sunday night, here’s my Top 1o list of Athletes Turned Actors.
- Jim Brown - Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Cleveland Browns from 1957 to 1965.
- Carl Weathers - Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Oakland Raiders & the British Columbia Lions from 1970-1974.
- Chuck Connors – Pro Sports Career: Played baseball for the Chicago Cubs & Brooklyn Dodgers from 1949 to 1951. Connors also played basketball for the Boson Celtics from 1946-1948.
- Fred Dryer - Pro Sports Career: Played football for the New York Giants & Los Angeles Rams from 1969-1981.
- Merlin Olsen - Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Los Angeles Rams from 1962-1976 and was known as one of the “The Fearsome Foursome”.
- Alex Karras - Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Detroit Lions from 1958-1962 & 1964-1970
- Bob Uecker - Pro Sports Career: Played Baseball with Milwaukee Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, Philadelphia Phillies & Atlanta Braves from 1962-1967
- Rick Fox - Pro Sports Career: Played Basketball with Boston Celtics & Las Angeles Lakers from 1991 to 2004.
- Terry Bradshaw – Pro Sports Career: NFL Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Stealers
- Ray Allen- Pro Sports Career…Hey, I’m from Boston, I loved He’s Got Game
Have a great start to the week…Can’t wait to watch baseball again. Seems like the off-season was quick, yet long. Does that make any sense?