Results tagged ‘ Jackie Bradley Jr. Ryan Pressly ’
After two days without getting a full game in, the Sea Dogs traveled to Minnesota’s complex on Wednesday afternoon to play New Britain. The Rock Cats used a two-run seventh to beat Portland 5-4. Former Sea Dog Reynaldo Rodriguez had the game-winning hit, delivering a run-scoring infield single.
Portland had nine hits in the contest, but most of the starters in today’s game could be somewhere else once the dust finally settles. Shannon Wilkerson had a sensational day, going 1-for-2 with a double and two walks. Wilkerson made a great diving catcher in centerfield in the first inning. Keury De La Cruz, Bo Greenwell, Jonathan Roof and Aneury Taverez had run-scoring hits.
Wilfredo Boscan started for Portland and featured a sharp curveball. Robby Scott and Matty Ott closed out the game in relief.
Nice to see former Sea Dog Tony Thomas play for New Britain. He went 0-for-2 and struck out to end the game. During minor league exhibition games, the home team will still bat in the ninth if they’re leading.
Faces in the Crowd
- Had a long conversation with former Sea Dog Ryan Pressly. He was a MLB Rule 5 pick by the Twins in 2013. He was just sent to Triple-A Rochester, but he’ll be back in the Majors. Great perspective and a great person.
- Daniel Nava played in the Triple-A game and batted almost every inning…Alex Hassan and Bryce Brentz homered in Pawtucket’s 10-1 win over Rochester.
- The Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo was at the minor league games.
- Spent the day watching the games with new PawSox broadcaster Josh Mauer and Rochester’s voice Josh Whetzel.
- Weird to see Miguel Gonzalez beat Allen Webster at the Major League game – both are former Sea Dogs.
- David Ortiz was holding court in the dugout during batting practice this morning.
- Tony LaRussa was at the Twins Complex today, explaining the new replay rules to Ron Gardenhire.
- Most of the fans at the Twins Complex was asking me if Greenwell was Mike’s son – yes he is.
- My interview with Jackie Bradley Jr. from this morning.