Results tagged ‘ Kansas City Royals ’
The media coverage in Ft. Myers has been unreal, and I would like to thank everyone who has covered this team, providing us with some unbelievable interviews and pictures. Below is a few links you should check out. I love technology!
- Former voice of the Binghamton Mets’ and current broadcaster on the Kansas City Royals Radio Network interviewed former Sea Dogs Tommy Hottovy.
- Former Sea Dogs Dustin Pedroia and Adrian Gonzalez taking live batting practice against another former Sea Dog video courtesy of Mike Petraglia
- Jon Lester getting his work in courtesy of NESN
- Hall of Famer Peter Gammons says Felix Doubront is a player to watch this season
- Jacoby Ellsbury’s twitter page with pics of his conditioning
Wow, that didn’t take long…Injuries already piling up
- I was the broadcaster in Erie during the 2004 season, and loved watching Joel Zumaya pitch…tough to see him out for the season. I thought that was a great pickup for the Twins.
- Speaking of closers, Chris Perez of the Indians is out 4 to 6 weeks with an oblique strain.
- From Matt Snyder of CBS sports.com “Cardinals utility man extraordinaire Allen Craig is ahead of schedule in his recovery from knee surgery, reports MLB.com. “
- Atlanta Braves starting pitcher Tommy Hanson returned to the field on Sunday in Florida, marking the first time he’s suited up since suffering a concussion in a car accident Monday.
What’s the first thing you think of when you here Welcome Back? For me, it’s Welcome Back Kotter, anyone else? Can’t help but think of those great TV shows from my childhood. But to serious matters, on April 3rd at the Portland Expo the Sea Dogs will hold their annual Welcome Back dinner in conjunction with Youth Alternatives Ingraham. This is your chance to get autographs, photos and maybe some hitting tips from my favorite players.
With the Grammy’s on Sunday night, here’s my Top 1o list of Athletes Turned Actors.
- Jim Brown – Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Cleveland Browns from 1957 to 1965.
- Carl Weathers – Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Oakland Raiders & the British Columbia Lions from 1970-1974.
- Chuck Connors – Pro Sports Career: Played baseball for the Chicago Cubs & Brooklyn Dodgers from 1949 to 1951. Connors also played basketball for the Boson Celtics from 1946-1948.
- Fred Dryer – Pro Sports Career: Played football for the New York Giants & Los Angeles Rams from 1969-1981.
- Merlin Olsen – Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Los Angeles Rams from 1962-1976 and was known as one of the “The Fearsome Foursome”.
- Alex Karras – Pro Sports Career: Played football for the Detroit Lions from 1958-1962 & 1964-1970
- Bob Uecker – Pro Sports Career: Played Baseball with Milwaukee Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, Philadelphia Phillies & Atlanta Braves from 1962-1967
- Rick Fox – Pro Sports Career: Played Basketball with Boston Celtics & Las Angeles Lakers from 1991 to 2004.
- Terry Bradshaw – Pro Sports Career: NFL Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Stealers
- Ray Allen- Pro Sports Career…Hey, I’m from Boston, I loved He’s Got Game
Have a great start to the week…Can’t wait to watch baseball again. Seems like the off-season was quick, yet long. Does that make any sense?