Results tagged ‘ Minnesota Twins ’
Today is my last day in Ft. Myers, and just the way the schedule works, I’ll be able to watch the Sea Dogs at 1 PM and the Red Sox at 7:05. I’m hoping to have video footage of John Farrell announcing the final roster.
Thanks to Robert Ford, the voice of the Houston Astros for passing this information to me earlier. Former Sea Dog Josh Fields has made the Astros. Fields was not protected by the Red Sox last season and claimed by Houston in the MLB Phase of the Rule 5 draft. If Fields did not make the Opening Day roster, he would have returned to Boston. Also, Houston could have kept him longer if he was placed on the disabled list – something similar to what Boston did with OF Adam Stern a few years ago.
With final roster cuts expected to be announced later today - Jackie Bradley Jr. and Ryan Pressly could join Fields in the Major Leagues…All three played in Portland last season.
I’ll have updates throughout the afternoon as the Sea Dogs battle the Rock Cats in exhibition action…Anthony Ranaudo is expected to start for Portland.
- Tickets are available for Opening Day (April 4) vs. Trenton on seadogs.com
- Former Sea Dog Stolmy Pimentel had a great camp with the Pirates and will start the season in Double-A Altoona.
- Patriots DE Rob Ninkovich will make a guest appearance at Hadlock Field on May 8th.
- Former Sox lefty Erik Bedard has won a rotation spot with the Houston Astros…Bedard was traded to Boston in a 3-team trade that involved former Sea Dogs Chih-Hsien Chiang, Tim Federowicz and Stephen Fife…Former Harrisburg Senator Brad Peacock is also in the Astros’ rotation – he was recently traded for former Sea Dog Jed Lowrie.
I’ll have more later!
Check out all the photos from Spring Training 2013 on our Facebook Page
The Sea Dogs completed a three-game sweep of the Altoona Curve with last night’s 2-1 win at Hadlock Field…Portland has seven straight wins at home, the most as a Red Sox affiliate, and their longest win streak since April 8-23, 1997.
- 12 straight, June 15-July 11, 1996
- 7 straight, August 2-current
- 7 straight, April 8-23, 1997
- 7 straight, April 18-May 6, 1995
Eastern League Records Since the All-Star Break
Portland: Bradley Jr. 8, Smith 5, Hazelbaker DH, Brentz 9, Shaw 3, Bogaerts 6, Hissey 7, Vazquez 2, Gibson 4, RHP Stolmy Pimentel (4-6, 5.38)
RADIO NETWORK: Catch every game on the U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network: Flagship Stations: WPEI 95.9 FM & WPPI 95.5 FM (Portland/Topsham)…Network Affiliates: WOXO 92.7 FM Norway, WTBM 100.7 FM Mexico, WERZ 1240 AM Lewiston/Auburn, WTME 780 AM Rumford, WKTQ 1450 AM South Paris…Online: seadogs.com & milb.com and IPAD/Smartphone: Tunein app – search Portland Sea Dogs Radio Network.